Donate & Join
Interested? You can donate and help keep the lights on and the door unlocked.
Short on time, but still want to contribute?
If you would like to donate, please use the donation tool to the right!
Also, take a look at our wishlist to see what we need most.
- Mortgage – $3,000/month
- Electric Bill – $1,000/month
- Water Bill – $1,000/month
- Manpower – $2,000/month
- One month of running the Lower Ninth Ward Village – $7,000/month
- Bringing electric systems to capacity and code
- 1 hour of contracted labor – $200
- Electrical Cabling & Wires – $50
- Breakers – $120
- Circuit Protection devices and accessories – $75
- Entire Electrical Refit – $35,000
- Building Improvements & Repair
- Re-carpet a Room – $400
- Re-Patch Drywall – $250
- Installing bathroom stall doors – $750
- Replacing Broken Window Panes – $150
- General Repair Fund – $100
- Garden Equipment
- Riding Lawnmower – $2, 400
- Regular Lawnmower – $350
- Weed Eater – $75
- Garden Soil – $5/bag
- Recreation Equipment
- Ping Pong Table – $200
- Basketball Hoop – $150
- Basketballs – $25
- Space Heaters – $35 each
- Printer Ink Cartridges – $20
- Computer Paper – $10/ream
- Video Camera-$300
- 3 Voice Recorders- $50 each
- 2 Digital Camera- $150 each
- Sponsor a Volunteer
- One day of work – $20/person
- One night of housing – $25/person
For all those volunteer groups visiting New Orleans throughout the year, we have affordable housing for you!
Our 30 bed bunkhouse is air-conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. You will have access to a full kitchen and two bathrooms each equipped with 4 showers. Charge is $25/night per person. Separate quarters for males and females are easily accommodated. Please fill out the form at the bottom of the “Housing” page and email or fax it back to us.